Shepherd's Hill Academy
Executive Contact: Trace Embry
Admissions Contact: Beth Embry
Work Phone: 706-779-5766
Address 1: 2200 Price Rd.
Specific Program Type: Therapeutic Boarding School
Specific Age Range: 12-17
Specific Gender Type: Coeducational
Description: Shepherd's Hill Academy (SHA) was founded in 2001. The campus is situated on a beautiful 86 acre wilderness facility just 85 miles north of Atlanta, GA. It is a faith-based accredited boarding school as well as an outdoor therapeutic program for students grades 6-12 with behavioral problems and/or disorders such as: ADD, Bi-Polar, RAD, and others. SHA serves troubled boys and girls ages 12-17.
The mission of Shepherd's Hill Academy is to bring hope and healing to youth and families by modeling and teaching God's Truth, resulting in cultural transformation.
Fully-Accredited Academy - SHA offers students a disciplined, structured, and peaceful academic environment conducive for learning. SHA offers state-certified teachers, AP classes & college preparation courses, 5 to 1 student-to-faculty ratio, classroom tutors and monitors, fully equipped conventional classrooms, boys and girls segregation, NCAA eligibility, and interscholastic & intramural sports.
A comprehensive Approach to healing Spiritual and therapeutic - Shepherd's Hill Academy offers a wide variety of therapeutic services for the purpose of heart change and family healing.
- On-campus licensed therapy department
- Biblical counsel & worldview training
- Equine therapy (EAGALA certified)
- Individual, group, & family therapy
- Christ-centered atmosphere
- Monthly parenting workshops
- Time for reflection, contemplation, & prayer
- Devotional, biblical, & apologetic training
Wilderness Environment - The challenge of rustic living takes teens our of their comfort zones, curbs entitlement, and teaches them more effective coping skills. Faulty thinking patterns, brought on by negative cultural influences, then diminish.
- Safe, loving, & authoritative environment
- State licensed residential therapeutic facility
- 5 to 1 student/counselor ratio with 24/7 care
- Serving boys and girls 12 to 17 nationwide
- Team-building work projects and activities
- Critical & constructive thinking challenges
Individual Psychotherapy Available: Yes
Accreditation Licensure Approval: Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, State of Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor, George Accrediting Commission, Georgia Department of Human Resources
Program Type: Boarding School
Age Range: Young People 12 to 18
Gender Type: Coeducational